Mid-week meals are always the hardest to prepare! You’re halfway through the work week, you’re almost out of recipe ideas and getting into the kitchen is probably the last thing you feel like doing.
You can get big flavour though without spending too much time in the kitchen. Curries have a reputation for being too hard to prepare and needing too many spices for a flavour kick.
That isn’t always the case though, it is possible to get your taste buds tingling with just a few key ingredients. Warm up this winter with a big bowl of our easy chicken curry, ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes!
Difficulty level: Easy
Kleenheat sizzle: 2 chillies
- 500g chicken thighs, cut up into 1” pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 green chillies, slit in the middle
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 170g plain yoghurt
- Coriander for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Fry onion, garlic, ginger, chili and curry leaves, till onion is translucent.
- Add curry powder and can of tomatoes, cook for five minutes.
- Add chicken and coat chicken in mixture. Cook for a further five minutes.
- Add yoghurt and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve with rice and poppadums. Enjoy!