2017-18 is scheduled to be a big year for Kleenheat in achieving its sustainability priorities.
Kleenheat sustainability priorities 2017-18
Safety and wellbeing
- Year-on-year improvement in safety for our customers, employees and the community – all backed by our Safe Person, Safe Process, Safe Place philosophy.
- Continuing to invest in the wellbeing of our people through the Wellness at WesCEF program.
Meeting customer needs
- Sticking to our commitment to offer better value and excellent local service for our natural gas, LPG and electricity customers.
Supporting communities where we operate
- Staying true to our local roots by supporting other organisations making a difference in local communities.
Operating efficiently and responsibly
- Upping our focus on sustainable supply processes.
- An ongoing commitment to managing risk, maintaining compliance and staying transparent in all relevant business legislation.
- Growing relationships with industry regulators and associations, offering our voice to legislation, guidelines and best practice.
Protecting the environment
- Keeping with actions from business water efficiency management plans.
- Helping manage the risk of legacy waste from historical business operations.
- Maintaining water quality controls and ingoing improvements to discharged stormwater quality.
Enriching our workforce
- Improving gender balance in our workplaces and opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Encouraging new ideas and building capability for innovation.