Having friends and family over for dinner? These pita bowls are perfect for a big gathering.
Cook up the steak, veggies and guacamole and let everyone else do the rest!
Serving: Makes four bowls
Difficulty level: Easy peasy!
Kleenheat sizzle: One chilli
- 1 flank steak, fat trimmed off
- 4 pita bowls
- 1 garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 green chilli, chopped (more if you like it hot!)
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- 2 yellow and green capsicums, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- ½ lime, juiced
- Marinade steak with garlic, coriander, chilli, lime juice, olive oil and salt to taste.
- On a grill pan, cook capsicums and zucchini till nice and soft.
- Roughly smash avocado and mix with tomatoes, red onion and coriander. Add lime juice and
salt to taste.
- On a hot grill pan (or barbecue), sear steak on each side for six minutes for medium rare doneness.
- Cut thin slices of the steak at an angle, against the lines of the steak.
- Place veggie salsa in pita bowls, add steak slices, cover with more veggie salsa.
- Top with guacamole and sour cream (if desired).