Considered one of Australia’s favourite celebrity cooks, Jenny Lam is a passionate cook and entrepreneur, owner of the popular Bunn Mee & newly launched Phat Lon in Leederville, and an award-winning cookbook author.
Learning to cook at eight years of age, Jen’s culinary knowledge and skills grew from a love of her culture, and traditional Vietnamese food. By the age of 13 she was preparing all the meals for her family.
Prep time: 5 min | Cooking time: 30 min | Serves 4.
Tip: Pick a saucepan large enough so your eggplant can lie in a single layer, skin down.
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 8 long wedges
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup coconut water
- Cracked black pepper
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Place all ingredients into a large saucepan.
- Cover with lid and cook on medium heat until eggplant is translucent. *This will take around 20 minutes.
- If there are any pieces that aren’t translucent yet, turn them over in the liquid to help with the cooking.
- Remove the lid and allow half the liquid to evaporate for the last 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper and fresh coriander.