Putting together a quick dinner doesn’t mean it has to be a boring one. Switch things up a little with this quick and easy teriyaki salmon recipe.
Added bonus – it’s nutritious too!
Serving: Makes four bowls of goodness
Difficulty level: Medium
Kleenheat sizzle: No chillies
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin (Japanese rice wine, available at Coles)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Olive oil
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- Soba noodles (you can use ramen, udon or other noodles if you prefer)
- Spring onion for garnish
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Mix garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, mirin and dash of olive oil till sugar has dissolved.
- Marinade salmon in mixture and set aside.
- Cook soba noodles in boiling water as per packet instructions.
- Add carrots and snap peas to boiling water.
- Drain noodles and veggies when done.
- On a hot pan, sear salmon with the marinade skin side down for three minutes and
flip over for a further three minutes or until cooked through.
- Take salmon out of pan and deglaze with some water.
- Add noodles and veggies and coat with remaining marinade.
- Place salmon on top of noodles, garnish with spring onion and lime.