Kleenheat Kwik-Gas cylinders are the convenient, safe and reliable option for your barbecue, outdoor heating and camping gas appliances.
To connect your gas bottle, just follow these simple steps:
- Turn all appliance controls to off.
- Make sure your gas bottle is upright and the valve is turned off before you remove the valve’s blue safety plug.
- Remove both tags marked ‘Pull’ on the valve’s blue safety plug and unscrew the safety plug in a clockwise direction using a flat head screwdriver or coin. (Keep the plug for storing or transporting the cylinder.)
- Check the appliance connector’s soft rubber seal is in place and undamaged. Never use an appliance connector that is cracked or weathered.
- Insert the appliance connector into the cylinder valve and screw in an anti-clockwise direction. This should be firmly tightened by hand.
- Turn the cylinder valve on.
- Test for gas leaks by applying a soapy water solution all over cylinder valve and appliance connector.
- If a leak is present, bubbles will appear. Re-tighten the appliance connector and test with soapy water again until there are no gas leaks present before using the appliance. If leaks persist, do not use the appliance.
- Turn cylinder valve off when appliance is not in use.
Please remember Kwik-Gas cylinders should always be transported or carried in the upright position, even when empty.