Considered one of Australia’s favourite celebrity cooks, Jenny Lam is a passionate cook and entrepreneur, owner of the popular Bunn Mee & newly launched Phat Lon in Leederville, and award-winning cookbook author of Eat Like A Viet. Jen is also a sought-after speaker and media contributor, regularly appearing across Australian television screens, radio stations and newspapers. With her bubbly, courageous and authentic personality it’s not hard to see why.
Learning to cook at eight years of age, Jen’s culinary knowledge and skills grew from her love of her culture, and traditional Vietnamese food. By the age of 13 she was preparing all the meals for her family. Jen’s vision is to spread joy, inspiration and empowerment through her two great loves – food and business – whilst educating others on how to experience their own culinary adventures at home.
Vegetarian Fried Rice
Prep time: 15 min | Cooking time: 15 min | Serves 4.
- 2 cups cold left over white rice
- 3 TBS vegetable oil
- ¾ cup frozen vegetables (peas, carrots & corn), thawed and strained
- 1 broccoli, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS tomato sauce
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Place a wok on high heat, when smoking add oil followed by cold rice.
- Separate the rice in the oil until there are no big clumps.
- Add salt, sugar, soy sauce and fry until well combined.
- Add vegetable mix and tomato sauce, stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Before making a well in the centre of your rice, crack the two eggs in the middle and stir until all cooked then fold your rice back into the eggs.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper and serve.