Spice up your usual mealtime with these delicious Tandoori chicken skewers! But be warned – these delicious, juicy and tender skewers are dangerously addictive.
Difficulty level: Medium
Kleenheat sizzle: A touch of spice
1kg chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
1 tsp chickpea flour
1 tsp ground coriander
3 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp fenugreek leaves
Juice of 2 lemons
150g Greek yoghurt
5cm piece ginger, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/4 bunch thyme, leaves picked
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp caster sugar
Juice of 2 oranges
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
1 small tomato, seeded, finely chopped
1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
1. Mix chicken marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and coat evenly in marinade. Cover, then chill for 2 hours or overnight then thread onto a skewer
2. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high heat.
3. Brush chicken with oil and grill, turning halfway, for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
4. For the dressing, place orange juice and sugar in a small saucepan over
medium-high heat, bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half.
5. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, thyme and oil.
6. For the raita, mix cumin, tomato, cucumber and remaining yoghurt in a bowl.
For more dinner table inspiration, have a look at the rest of our Kleenheat Kitchen recipes!