Ideal for hosting friends, taking on a picnic, or popping on the BBQ, these tasty skewers are worth the little bit of effort required to whip them up. This combination of ingredients provides a fresh, filling and refreshing twist of flavours!
Difficulty level: Medium
Kleenheat sizzle: Spicy
6 lemongrass stalks, trimmed and halved
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Pork and prawn mixture
200g minced pork
250g prawns, peeled, cleaned, roughly chopped
1 egg white
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, seeded, roughly chopped
1/4 cup coriander, roughly chopped
1/4 cup mint, roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
3 teaspoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon caster sugar
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
¼ cup water
1 small red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
1. Finely chop white part of remaining lemongrass stalk and combine with the rest of the ingredients for the pork and prawn mixture and mix well.
2. Using damp hands, roll pork mixture into 12 balls and mould around the end of each lemongrass stalk.
3. Place on a lightly greased plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Brush with oil and grill, turning once and brushing with extra oil, until charred and cooked through (5-7 minutes).
5. To make dipping sauce, place ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves then take off the heat. Once cooled, add coriander and chilli.
For more dinner table inspiration, have a look at the rest of our Kleenheat Kitchen recipes!