Don’t be fooled by this simple noodle salad – it’s packed full of flavour with plenty of crunch from the panko crumbed prawns.
Like a little spice in your life? Turn up the heat and add more chillies to the dressing (if you dare!)
Difficulty level: Medium
Kleenheat sizzle: One chilli
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 cucumber, peeled into long ribbons
- 1 red chilli, sliced (add more if you like it hot)
- 300g prawns, tails intact and deveined
- 1/4 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- Crushed peanuts, garnish
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (add more if you like it hot)
- Dip prawn in egg mixture, then coat in panko crumbs. Repeat for all the prawns.
- Heat oil and cook prawns till nice and golden. Approximately two minutes per prawn.
- Add ingredients for the dressing together and mix until sugar has dissolved.
- Cook rice noodles as per packet instructions. Add carrot, cucumber and herbs and toss well with the dressing.
- Top with the panko prawns and garnish with crushed peanuts.