Guy Jeffreys is the executive chef for Fogarty Wine Group.
His approach to food at Bunkers Beach House and Millbrook Winery has won much acclaim for the venues over the past 12 years under Guy’s guidance including WA restaurant of the year, Gourmet Traveller, a critics choice review in The New York Times, Two Hats in the Australian Good Food Guide and West Australian Chef of the Year.
Broccoli and anchovy with polenta – serves 4
- Splash of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 7 anchovies
- 1 chilli, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, rough chopped
- A chefs pinch of salt and pepper
- 100g polenta
- 400ml milk and 400ml water
- 30g unsalted butter
- 30g parmesan, grated
- Handful of parsley
- Heat a saucepan on medium flame and add olive oil, garlic, anchovies and chilli. Sauté gently until starting to colour then add broccoli, salt, pepper and about 1 litre of water. Turn flame to high, boil and stir until water is nearly all reduced.
- While the above is boiling, in a different saucepan heat milk, water and a pinch of salt. Once boiling rain in polenta and whisk until thick then turn heat down and simmer till cooked (not grainy). Turn off heat and add butter and parmesan.
- To serve pour polenta onto a platter, spoon over broccoli, rip up a crusty loaf of bread and open a bottle of chardonnay.