Difficulty level: Medium
Kleenheat sizzle: A hint of wasabi (optional)
400g sirloin or scotch fillet steak
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 piece nori, finely shredded
Japanese rice (cooked)
Wasabi or horseradish, to serve
250ml light soy sauce
200ml dry red wine
1. For the dressing, combine the ingredients in a saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat a frying pan over low-medium heat and add the oil and garlic.
3. Fry the garlic, stirring frequently, until golden brown then remove from pan.
4. Season the steak with salt and pepper and on high heat frying the steak until cooked to your liking then remove and set aside.
5. Add about 1/2 cup of the teriyaki sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce the sauce till its thicken then coat steak in the pan.
6. Serve with rice, steak, nori, garlic chips and wasabi or horseradish on top of the beef.
For more dinner table inspiration, have a look at the rest of our Kleenheat Kitchen recipes!