Kleenheat sells AutoGas as an automotive fuel through a network of service stations across Western Australia and the Northern Territory. It is economical, has environmental advantages compared to petrol and diesel, and can be used in both dual fuel and dedicated LPG vehicles.
Kleenheat AutoGas is an alternative automotive fuel that offers financial and environmental benefits.
AutoGas is the commonly used name for automotive liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). It is composed mainly of propane or a mixture of propane and butane.
Nearly 400,000 private and commercial vehicles are now reaping the rewards of running on autogas.
- Engine life is improved by AutoGas’ clean burning characteristics
- Autogas produces significantly less greenhouse gas and other harmful emissions associated with vehicle fuel consumption
- AutoGas is non-corrosive and non-toxic
- AutoGas is more economical than other fuels
AutoGas suits almost all types of vehicles, but is particularly beneficial in the following applications:
- Family cars
- Commercial and fleet vehicles
- Mobile roadsweepers
Converting to AutoGas
Vehicles can be fitted with a dual LPG/petrol fuel system or an autogas only engine.
There are three generations of AutoGas systems available in the Australian market including mixer, vapour injection and liquid injection. The product you will install will be determined by the type of motor vehicle being converted.