What could be better than barbecued barra on a hot summer’s day. Easy to cook, its natural sweetness works in harmony with the spicy barbecue seasoning.
Balance out the heat of the seasoning with a refreshing mango and avocado salsa!
Difficulty level: Medium
Kleenheat sizzle: One chilli
- 2 barramundi fillets
- Barbecue seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (add more if you like it spicy)
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl. Toss with lime juice and salt. Set aside.
- Brush barramundi with EVOO. Evenly coat both sides of fillets with barbecue seasoning. Shake off any excess.
- Melt butter on barbecue plate. When hot, add the fillets and cook for two minutes until blackened. Flip and cook for another two minutes.
- Remove from heat and rest.
- Serve fish topped with mango salsa.