This quick, easy and healthy salmon recipe delivers deliciously smoky flavour on a bed of bok choy
Preparation: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Serves: Four
- 4 salmon fillets (skin off)
- ¼ cup of soy sauce (for salmon)
- 2 tbsps of soy sauce (for bok choy)
- 1 tsp five spice
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 350g bok choy
- 1 knob ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp rice
- 3 tbsp black tea leaves
- Make your marinade by mixing ¼ cup of soy sauce and five spices in a bowl.
- Brush over salmon.
- Place salmon in a bamboo steamer on a piece of baking paper. Leave space between each piece.
- Place four aluminium foil layers on the bottom of your wok, then add rice, tea and star anise (ensure it’s mixed).
- Place steamer into the wok.
- Cook on medium heat until it begins to smoke.
- Cover with aluminium foil or a lid, so smoke does not escape.
- Cook for about 7-8 minutes and then remove.
- Remove aluminium and smoking ingredients from wok.
- Heat peanut oil in the same work over small to medium heat.
- Add ginger and fry until fragrant.
- Add bok choy, a splash of soy sauce and fry until just wilted.
- Serve with salmon.
- If you don’t have a wok, you can use a pot or a deep pan with a lid.
- Marinate the salmon beforehand for more flavour.
- You don’t want to burn the tea, so keep flame on medium.
- Experiment with different teas, like lapsang souchong, earl grey or green tea.
- As an alternative, you can use a banana leaf in place of baking paper to place the salmon on in the steamer
Value that flows through your household and community
Everyone enjoys value for money. We focus on providing value for our customers and our local community. Our ongoing value is passed on to you through our partnerships with RAC, Flybuys and Seniors Card WA and sponsored local events.
Plus, our Community Grants program supports local groups and organisations doing great things in communities across the Northern Territory and regional Western Australia.
Choose homegrown, choose Kleenheat
Kleenheat knows the value of homegrown goodness – after all, we’ve been supporting the needs of local households and businesses for more than 60 years.
We believe there’s value in choosing local, so if you’re not a Kleenheat customer choose local today and let life flow.
Looking for big-value energy? Let’s talk business.
Kleenheat delivers safe and reliable natural gas, LPG and electricity to thousands of WA businesses across WA and the Northern Territory, tailoring energy solutions to suit specific needs and budgets. Find out how our business can work with your business.