This quick and easy family favourite will prompt an instant thumbs-up, with deliciously sticky marinated pork paired perfectly with the sweetness of ripe, juicy apples. Enjoy!
Difficulty level: Easy
Kleenheat sizzle: One chilli
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 650g boneless pork loin, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 red onions, cut into thick wedges
- Soak wooden skewers in water for half an hour.
- In a large bowl mix together balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic and olive oil.
- Set aside 1/4 of marinade for basting.
- Add the pork loin into the marinade and coat evenly. (Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour if you have time.)
- Heat a fry pan or grill over medium-high heat.
- Thread pork, apple and onion onto skewers.
- Place on grill for 4 to 5 minutes, turning every minute until cooked and nicely charred.
For more dinner table inspiration, have a look at the rest of our Kleenheat Kitchen recipes.