This chocolate bark recipe is so easy to make. It uses only four ingredients that can be substituted for whatever’s in your pantry – the perfect weekend treat or last-minute gift!
Preparation and cook time: 20 mins plus 15 mins to cool | Shards: 15-25
- 300g of good quality white, milk or dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 pomegranate, quartered and deseeded
- ¼ cup rose petals
- ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- Melt chocolate by creating a double boiler. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (bowl should not touch the water).
- Place chocolate into the bowl and stir until melted and smooth.
- On a baking tray with parchment paper, spread melted chocolate so it’s about 3cm thick.
- Work quickly and drop toppings onto wet chocolate.
- If you’re in a hurry, place the tray in the refrigerator to harden for about 15 minutes. If you’re not, let the chocolate cool at room temperature for two to four hours, until completely set.
- Remove baking paper and cut or break chocolate bark into rough shards.
- Store in an airtight container
If you’re gifting the chocolate bark
- Wrap the chocolate bark in cellophane bags, a small box or in a bit of cloth using natural twine with a sprig of fresh leaves (e.g. rosemary, eucalyptus for a nice touch)
- Add a personal note to the recipient and be sure to include the ingredients you’ve used (e.g. dairy, soy or nuts). Be creative, have fun, and you’re ready to spread the cheer!
Chocolate bark variations
For colour, texture or even dietary needs, choose from any of the following and chop or crush them if they’re large. The options are limitless:
- Nuts: almonds, pecans, walnuts hazelnuts, pistachios, macadamias, cashews or peanuts
- Dried fruit: dried goji berries, apricots, candied ginger
- Candied citrus
- Coconut: dried unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- Sea salt
- Ruby or dark chocolate: Use ruby or dark chocolate and melt it in a double boiler. Drizzle a small amount of one melted chocolate over the other, and swirl it gently with a toothpick to create contrasting patterns.
- Make it nut-free: Use pepitas or sunflower seeds instead of nuts.
- Make it vegan/dairy free: Use vegan/dairy-free chocolate
Let us know how this chocolate bark turns out for you in the comments.
Value that flows through your household and community
Everyone enjoys value for money. We focus on providing value for our customers and our local community.
Our ongoing value is passed on to you through our partnerships with RAC, Flybuys and Seniors Card WA. Plus access a variety of offers and rewards that come with sponsoring the local events and teams you love.
Choose homegrown, choose Kleenheat
Kleenheat knows the value of homegrown goodness – after all, we’ve been supporting the needs of local households and businesses for more than 60 years.
We believe there’s value in choosing local, so if you’re not a Kleenheat customer choose local today and let life flow.