Spring cleaning – some love the idea of eradicating the residue of winter and revitalising the home for summer. For others, it’s the king of all chores and something to be delayed for as long as possible.
We asked our customers to tell us their best spring cleaning tips and received some crafty tricks to help spruce up even the most neglected of homes! Here are the 12 best spring-cleaning hacks:
- “Get the carpets cleaned on the first warm day (after everything has been dusted off!) Then wipe everything down with a spritz of water, vinegar and soluble eucalyptus oil” Alyce, Beeliar
- “Do a once a year clean of linen cupboard and pantry. Rearrange, discard, clean. You’ll then know exactly what you have and get rid of any pests which may be breeding” Nadia, Stirling
- “Get the whole family involved…there’s strength in unity, so have a plan!” Julia, Gosnells
- “De-clutter, get rid of anything you no longer use. Clothes, appliances & furniture can be donated to those in need” Barbara, Forrestfield
- “Mulch the garden to save on watering and keep those beautiful blooms” Ryan, Forrestfield
- “Clean out your linen closet and get rid of all those items you no longer use. You’d be surprised how much storage space you create!” Tina, Joondana
- “Use a bit of white vinegar in some warm water to clean the dirt off the fan blades” Thuc, Westminster
- “Use the old rule – if you haven’t used it or worn it in the past 12 months then donate it to charity or sell for some extra $$” Stephanie, Kingsley
- “My main tip is….do a little bit every day. 30 minutes each day spread over a week is easier than 4 hours on one day” Jodie, Maddington
- “Add lots of greenery to the house and make it come alive” Renae, Spearwood
- “Always use cleaning vinegar, bi-carb soda and lemon juice mixed in a spray bottle for bathrooms, toilets, the kitchen, and washing of floors. What a shine and sparkle” Yvette, Mandurah
- “Eucalyptus oil scrubbed on all surfaces – because it is lethal to fungi and bacteria, plus it smells fresh and nice!” Caroline, Cloverdale
We understand that when the weather is nice you may not want to be stuck indoors, but hope these tricks will reduce the time you spend cleaning and free you up to do things you really love.