Is there anything better than sinking your teeth into a juicy lamb burger?
Burgers are often an indulgence but add some herbs and swap out the cheese for a tzatiki dressing and you’ve got yourself a lamb burger you can enjoy guilt-free every day of the week!
The best part is, dinner is ready in no time and it’s a simple enough recipe to get your children involved in the prep work too.
Serving: Makes six burgers
Difficulty level: Easy peasy!
Kleenheat sizzle: One chilli
Lamb burgers with tzatziki dressing
- 6 brioche buns
- 1kg lamb mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp paprika (add more if you like it spicy!)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Combine lamb, onion, garlic, spices, parsley and egg in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Form mixture into six medium sized patties and set aside.
- Combine ingredients for tzatziki dressing, season to taste and chill till ready to serve.
- On a hot pan, sear lamb patties on each side for three minutes or till cooked through.
- Toast brioche buns with some butter on pan.
- Spread tzatziki dressing on brioche buns, add patty and garnish with mint.