An Australian dessert favourite, these light and fluffy banana dumplings cooked in a rich, caramel sauce require minimum effort for maximum comfort.
Preparation and cook time: 35 mins | Serves: Six
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 50g butter (chilled), chopped
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 banana, sliced into 1cm pieces
- A block of chocolate broken into small chunks
- 1 cup golden syrup
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 30g butter
- Vanilla ice-cream / gelato
- In a bowl, sift flour, add cinnamon, then rub in the butter with fingertips to the consistency of breadcrumbs then make a well in the centre.
- Mix in eggs and gradually add milk until combined.
- Dust hands in flour then roll dough into a small ball.
- Poke a hole in the ball to add a sliced banana and chocolate piece in the middle, then roll back into a ball.
- In a large saucepan, over low to medium heat, add all the ingredients for the sauce and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Place balls into the syrup then simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes until cooked through. Dumplings will double in size.
- Remove and serve dumplings with remaining sauce and ice-cream.
Value that flows through your household and community
Everyone enjoys value for money. We focus on providing value for our customers and our local community.
Our ongoing value is passed on to you through our partnerships with RAC, flybuys and Seniors Card WA. Plus access a variety of offers and rewards that come with sponsoring the local events and teams you love.
Choose homegrown, choose Kleenheat
Kleenheat knows the value of homegrown goodness – after all, we’ve been supporting the needs of local households and businesses for more than 60 years.
We believe there’s value in choosing local, so if you’re not a Kleenheat customer choose local today and let life flow.