Win with Kleenheat's WA Road Trip
We’ve hit the road, WA!
Our staff member, Emily, scored a dream working holiday road tripping across our beautiful home state. Follow her travels for the chance to win awesome summer prize packs filled with electronics, VIP experiences, gift cards and more.
Each week means a new clue to the next road trip location, so watch this space and follow Kleenheat on Facebook for hints as they drop. Guess right and you could win!
Week three clue
After a quick stroll down the cappuccino strip, it’s time for some fresh local fish and chips under tall pines.
I’m soaking up the sun and that famous sea breeze before packing up the car and heading south!
Take a guess and you could win.
Entry period closes 5:00pm, Friday 21 December
Week three prize
Our week three winner will score a Hoop Dreams prize pack valued at over $2,000.
Love basketball and sport? This is the pack for you:
- 4 x Wildcats Legends Club tickets – Perth Wildcats v Cairns Taipans (11 Jan 2019)
- Wildcats merchandise pack
- Beats Solo3 wireless headphones
- Fitbit Charge 3
- Adidas sports bag
- $150 Lululemon gift card, plus two Lululemon sweat towels
- Toblerone bar
Competition Terms and Conditions
Kleenheat’s WA Road Trip Giveaway
- The promoter is Wesfarmers Kleenheat Gas Pty Ltd ABN 40 008 679 543 of Building 161, Car Park 12, Murdoch University, Murdoch WA 6150 (“Kleenheat” or “we”).
- Instructions on how to enter and other details contained within promotional, electronic and print materials form part of the terms and conditions. By participating in this competition entrants shall be deemed to agree to abide by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions prevail to the extent of any inconsistency with the terms and conditions set out in any such materials.
- To be eligible to enter (“Eligible Entrant”), you must:
- be a resident of Western Australia;
- be 18 years of age or over;
- not be an employee (or an immediate family member of an employee) of Kleenheat, its agencies or any organisation associated with the promotion. For the purposes of the promotion, “immediate family member” includes spouse, de facto spouse and natural, adopted or step child who lives in the same household as the employee.
- We may (in our absolute discretion):
- verify an entrant’s identity, age and the validity of entry;
- disqualify entrants who submit an entry that is not in accordance with these terms or who tampers with the entry process;
- disqualify entrants who enter using multiple aliases;
- accept or reject entries that contain errors or omissions; and
- deem incomplete, plagiarised, defamatory or indecipherable entries invalid.
- The competition commences at 12:00pm (WST) on 29/11/2018 and concludes at 11:59pm (WST) on 09/02/2019 (“Entry Period”).
- To enter the competition, an Eligible Entrant must either:
- Log on to kleenheat.com.au/roadtrip during the Entry Period and follow the instructions to fully and correctly complete and successfully submit the online form, providing their full name, valid email address, daytime contact phone number, post code and answer two questions; OR
- Log on to facebook.com/Kleenheat during the Entry Period and follow the instructions to fully and correctly post on the Kleenheat Facebook post featuring the clue and holiday location.
- The Entry Period is divided into ten (10) separate periods (each a “Promotion Entry Period”) as follows:
- Week 1: From 12:00pm (WST) Thursday 29/11/2018 to 5:00pm (WST) on Friday 07/12/2018.
- Week 2: From 5:01pm (WST) Friday 07/12/2018 to 5:00pm (WST) on Friday 14/12/2018.
- Week 3: From 5:01pm (WST) Friday 14/12/2018 to 5:00pm (WST) on Friday 21/12/2018.
- Week 4: From 5:01pm (WST) Friday 21/12/2018 to 5:00pm (WST) on Friday 28/12/2018.
- Week 5: From 5:01pm (WST) Friday 28/12/2018 to 5:00pm (WST) on Friday 04/01/2019.
- Week 6: From 5:01pm (WST) Friday 04/01/2019 to 5:00pm (WST) on Friday 11/01/2019.
- Week 7: From 5:01pm (WST) Friday 11/01/2019 to 5:00pm (WST) on Friday 18/01/2019.
- Week 8: From 5:01pm (WST) Friday 18/01/2019 to 5:00pm (WST) on Friday 25/01/2019.
- Week 9: From 5:01pm (WST) Friday 25/01/2019 to 5:00pm (WST) on Friday 01/02/2019.
- Week 10: From 5:01pm (WST) Friday 01/02/2019 to 11:59pm (WST) on Saturday 09/02/2019.
One (1) Major Prize and ten (10) Minor Prizes will be awarded for each Promotion Entry Period.
- Entry is limited to one unique entry per Eligible Entrant per Promotion Entry Period. If more than one entry is received from an entrant in a Promotion Entry Period, only the first entry will be valid.
- To be eligible to go into a Draw, the entrant must correctly identify the holiday location from the cryptic clues provided. Correct entries must be an exact match or a close variant of the holiday location. The final decision on the validity of an entry will be made at the discretion of Kleenheat.
- Upon receipt, entries become the property of Kleenheat. Information resulting from the entrant’s entry and participation in the promotion is used by Kleenheat for the determination of the Prize winner and for the purpose of contacting the entrant about Kleenheat’s natural gas and LPG offer (unless and until the entrant informs Kleenheat that the entrant no longer consents to be contacted about Kleenheat’s marketing offers). Information about entrants may also be used by Kleenheat, its agents, contractors and related companies, for other purposes as set out below. By participating in the competition, entrants consent to these uses and disclosure of their information.
- There are ten (10) Major Prizes and one hundred (100) Minor Prizes to be won (each a “Prize”).
- Each Major Prize winner will win one (1) of the following prize packages detailed below (“Major Prize”), valued at up to $2,200.
|Week||Prize||Prize Details||Valued at $AUD|
|Week 1||Prize 1||Summer Scorcher
|Week 2||Prize 2||Sea, Sun and Fun
|Week 3||Prize 3||Hoop Dreams
|Week 4||Prize 4||Local Family Faves
|Week 5||Prize 5||Stay and Play
|Week 6||Prize 6||South West Wonders
|Week 7||Prize 7||Up and Away
|Week 8||Prize 8||Gadgets and Gizmos
|Week 9||Prize 9||Taste of Summer
|Week 10||Prize 10||Rotto Royalty
- One hundred (100) Minor Prize winners will each win one (1) $100 Coles gift card (“Minor Prize”) valued at $100.00.
- The total prize pool is valued at $30,250.59 (AUD) inclusive of GST.
- All Prizes must be taken as offered and may not be transferred or substituted except at Kleenheat’s discretion and subject to State or Territory legislation. Save for any stated cash component of the Prize, the Prize is not redeemable for cash. However, Kleenheat reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value where necessary due to Prize unavailability. Any tax on the Prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought by any person participating in this competition.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize provider’s requirements. Gift cards and gift vouchers must be redeemed before the expiry date (if any) shown on the card or voucher. Some Prizes have particular conditions or restrictions attached to them – refer to paragraph 25 for details.
- If, for any reason, a winner is not able to participate in or accept the Prize or the winner does not take the Prize at the time stipulated by the promoter or the Prize provider, the Prize will be forfeited.
Selecting a winner
- One (1) Major Prize and ten (10) Minor Prizes will be awarded for each Promotion Entry Period. A draw (“Draw”) will be conducted to determine the winners. Entries received during the relevant Promotion Entry Period that correctly identify the holiday location from the cryptic clues provided, will be entered into the corresponding Draw. Draws will take place at Wesfarmers Kleenheat Pty Ltd, Building 161, Car Park 12, Murdoch University, Murdoch WA 6150.
The Draws are as follows:
- Draw 1: Week 1 winners selected at 2:00pm (WST) on Monday 10/12/2018
- Draw 2: Week 2 winners selected at 2:00pm (WST) on Monday 17/12/2018
- Draw 3: Week 3 winners selected at 2:00pm (WST) on Monday 24/12/2018
- Draw 4: Week 4 winners selected at 2:00pm (WST) on Monday 31/12/2018
- Draw 5: Week 5 winners selected at 2:00pm (WST) on Monday 07/01/2019
- Draw 6: Week 6 winners selected at 2:00pm (WST) on Monday 14/01/2019
- Draw 7: Week 7 winners selected at 2:00pm (WST) on Monday 21/01/2019
- Draw 8: Week 8 winners selected at 2:00pm (WST) on Tuesday 29/01/2019
- Draw 9: Week 9 winners selected at 2:00pm (WST) on Monday 04/02/2019
- Draw 10: Week 10 winners selected at 2:00pm (WST) on Monday 11/02/2019
- Major Prize winners will be notified via phone or email within three (3) days of the Draw. All reasonable steps to notify the winner will be taken by Kleenheat. Major Prize winners must respond with verification of their details by 12:00PM (WST) 14 days from the day of notification to claim his or her Prize (“Notification Period”).
- Major Prizes must be picked up by the winner from Wesfarmers Kleenheat head office at Building 161, Car Park 12, Murdoch University, Murdoch WA 6150 by Thursday, 28 February 2019 between Monday to Friday during business hours 9:00am – 4:30pm (excluding public holidays).
- Minor Prizes will be posted to the winner’s nominated residential address within 14 days of the relevant Draw date.
- The winners’ details will be published at kleenheat.com.au/about/competition-winners, within three (3) days of each Prize Draw.
- In the event of a Major Prize winner failing to or being unable to satisfy these terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the Prize within the Notification Period, an unclaimed prize draw will be conducted at Wesfarmers Kleenheat, Building 161, Car Park 12, Murdoch University, Murdoch WA 6150 at 4pm (WST) on 01/03/2019. In this eventuality the alternative Prize winner will be notified via phone or email within 2 business days of the unclaimed Prize draw taking place, and the winner’s details will be published on the website.
- In the event of a dispute regarding these terms and conditions, the decision of the General Manager of Kleenheat will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
Other conditions applicable to the Major Prize
- Additional conditions or restrictions apply to the Major Prizes specified below:
- Prize 1 – Summer Scorcher
Scorchers S Lounge tickets – tickets must be taken as offered and are not transferrable. Tickets must be used on 26 December 2018.
Perth Stadium Refreshment Gift Voucher – *Refreshment voucher to be used for the purchase of food and beverages within the Slounge at Perth Stadium on 26 December 2018.
- Prize 2 – Sea, Sun and Fun
Scorchers GA Tickets – tickets must be taken as offered and are not transferrable. Tickets must be used on Sunday 13 January 2019 for Perth Scorchers v Sydney Sixers.
- Prize 3 – Hoop Dreams
Wildcats Legends Club tickets – tickets must be taken as offered and are not transferrable. Tickets must be used on 11 January 2019 for Perth Wildcats v Cairns Taipans.
- Prize 4 – Local Family Faves
Scorchers GA Tickets – tickets must be taken as offered and are not transferrable. Tickets must be used on Friday 18 January 2019 for Perth Scorchers v Hobart Hurricanes.
Wildcats GA Tickets – tickets must be taken as offered and are not transferrable. Tickets must be used on Sunday 10 February 2019 for Perth Wildcats v Sydney Kings.
Telethon Community Cinemas free passes – free passes must be taken as offered and are not transferrable. Free passes cannot be used for movies which specify – no free tickets.
Zoo Family Membership – family membership is valid for two adults and two children. Memberships are valid for 12 months and are not transferrable. To receive the membership, full names and address must be provided for all four members.
- Prize 5 – Stay and Play
Fringe World Festival Gift Voucher – Fringe World Festival gift voucher is not redeemable for cash. Voucher is valid from the date of issue to 23:59 on Sunday 17 February 2019. Where the total value of a gift voucher is not redeemed in one transaction, remaining funds will be carried over and may be used toward another purchase prior to the gift voucher expiry date 17 February 2019. Provide the 16 digit gift voucher number to redeem the voucher. For full terms and conditions go to https://fringeworld.com.au/terms-conditions.
COMO The Treasury – redeemable at COMO The Treasury, The Treasury Lounge and Bar, Wildflower, Post and COMO Shambhala Urban Escape. Full amount must be used in each outlet on redemption (lesser amounts cannot be refunded in a second voucher or cash). Your voucher must be redeemed within 12 months of the issue date. Unfortunately lost or stolen cards will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed. This voucher is not redeemable for cash and cannot be used for payment of credit or retailer accounts.
Telethon Community Cinemas free passes – free passes must be taken as offered and are not transferrable. Free passes cannot be used for movies which specify – no free tickets.
The Shorehouse Gift Voucher – the gift voucher is not redeemable for cash. Voucher must be used in the same visit and cannot be reissued if not fully used.
- Prize 6 – South West Wonders
Empire Retreat and Spa – vouchers are valid for one year from purchase. Non-refundable or transferable. Not available for use over peak periods which are long weekends, Easter, Summer peak (mid Dec to mid Jan), special event weekends like Leeuwin concert/Gourmet escape. Adults only.
Wise Winery Gift Voucher – gift voucher is valid for breakfast, lunch or dinner to the value specified on the voucher. Gift voucher is valid until 23 November 2019.
Peter Alexander Gift Card – a defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen card will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed. The gift card once activated is: redeemable for merchandise at Peter Alexander stores in Australia; is not redeemable for cash and is not a negotiable instrument; not able to be reloaded; partially redeemable.
- Prize 7 – Up and Away
Margaret River Seaplanes Gift Voucher – voucher is not redeemable for cash, and is non transferrable. Voucher is valid within 12 months from date of issue. Voucher is not valid without confirmation from a Swan River Seaplanes staff member. Voucher is subject to normal terms and conditions stipulated on the Swan River Seaplanes website
- Prize 9 – Taste of Summer
The Shorehouse Gift Voucher – the gift voucher is not redeemable for cash. Voucher must be used in the same visit and cannot be reissued if not fully used.
- Prize 10 – Rotto Royalty
Discovery Rottnest Island Gift Voucher – gift voucher is not transferrable or exchangeable for cash and must be presented upon check-in. Accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking; an early booking is therefore recommended. Voucher must be used in a single stay and can be used for both accommodation and spent at Pinkys Beach Club and Thomsons Restaurant. Funds not spent on room bookings will be allocated as credit to your account to be used within our restaurants. Voucher is valid for use at Discovery Rottnest Island only.
Rottnest Express voucher – the gift voucher is subject to availability, is not redeemable for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional or discount offer. Gift vouchers can only be used online once. If you don’t spend the full value of the voucher, please contact the Rottnest Express customer service team to have the remaining balance issued on a new voucher. Gift voucher becomes invalid after the expiry date and can no longer be redeemed.
Changing the competition
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Kleenheat and which prevents it from complying with these terms and conditions, Kleenheat will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and Kleenheat reserves the right (subject to compliance with regulatory requirements) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- To the extent permitted by law, we (and our officers, employees and agents) are not liable for any loss, expense, damage or liability suffered or incurred by you in connection with the competition, including:
- any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or misdirected entries;
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction;
- any theft, unauthorised access or interference by another person;
- any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected;
- any variation in Prize value to that stated in these terms;
- any tax liability incurred by you;
- use of, or taking of, a Prize; or
- participation in the competition.
- The entrants’ personal information will be collected by or on behalf of Kleenheat to enable it to administer the competition and publicise the Prize winners and to enable it to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you including by way of direct marketing. If we do not collect your personal information then we will not be able to process your entry in the competition. The personal information of:
- the Prize winners may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the competition, including but not limited to the competition administrator and the Prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for Prizes to be delivered to the Prize winners, and to regulatory authorities. Kleenheat will disclose the Prize winner’s first initial, surname, suburb and State/Territory of residence online, and will publish these details at kleenheat.com.au/about/competition-winners at the conclusion of the competition. An entrant also agrees that Kleenheat may, in the event the entrant is the winner, publish or cause to be published the entrant’s name and postcode in any media, as required under the relevant State or Territory lottery legislation; and
- entrants may be provided to external agencies or persons bound under confidentiality agreements including market research businesses, advertising agencies and other businesses that assist us with the promotion of our products and services (including via direct marketing by any permitted means including telephone, email or SMS).
- By participating in the competition, winners consent to Kleenheat using their (and their companions) name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times and agree to grant Kleenheat a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use for the purpose of promoting this competition and Kleenheat. Kleenheat and the prize provider are entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch or add to the image and to reproduce it in any form or media whatsoever throughout the world.
- gain access to your personal information in our possession;
- correct personal information in our possession; or
- make a complaint about Kleenheat’s handling of your personal information,
Under the Privacy Act, “personal information” means information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained (and regardless of the form of the information, and regardless of whether it is true or not). In this Policy “credit-related information” means credit information, credit eligibility information (as those terms are defined in the Privacy Act) and similar information relating to credit worthiness. Credit-related information includes (but is not limited to) information regarding identification, information regarding your application with us, and credit reporting information that we obtain from credit reporting bodies or which we derive from such reporting information.
2. What types of personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. The types of personal information we collect will depend on the reason for collection. Generally, the information we collect about customers includes name; home, delivery or work address; demographic information like gender and age; contact/phone number; payment, bank account, credit and billing information; e-mail addresses records of communications with us, details regarding participation in any of our loyalty or rewards campaigns from time to time and, on occasion, drivers licence number (for identity verification purposes). Financial information that is collected via our website is used by us to bill you for products and services. Any bank account and credit card numbers that are collected are collected for the purpose of transaction approval and funds transfer and are securely held.
We may not be able to provide our products or services, or make offers to you without your personal information. Sometimes, customers can purchase goods from us without disclosing personal information, but in this situation we may not be able to provide you with the full range of services available.
In addition we collect personal information relating to:
- people involved in or through organisations that we support or sponsor;
- our dealers, agents, suppliers and their employees. This information is collected for business-related purposes but contains some limited personal information of the contact details of the people that we deal with;
- people who correspond with us, including through our website, in which case we may keep a copy of that correspondence and relevant contact details;
- job applicants: employment and academic histories, the names of their referees and, in some cases, limited health information based on testing undertaken by or for us. We will collect this information directly, from organisations that provide recruitment related services to us, and from third parties who provide job applicants with professional or personal references;
Information collected through websites:
When you visit our websites or interact with us online we may obtain and collect personalised information that you disclose to us:
- through our website (for example when you identify yourself if completing on-line registration forms or entering competitions on our website);
- when you interact with us online, including through our websites or through social media platforms (including but not limited to on our Facebook page, YouTube Channel, Instagram account, Twitter account or LinkedIn page or any other social media platforms we use); or
- when you mention us or our goods or services on those social media platforms. If you don’t identify yourself in these forums then the information collected in these circumstances will generally be non-personalised information.
In addition, we may collect non-personalised information using server logs and through cookies (small text files sent from a website and stored on your computer’s/device’s browser which allow servers to identify and interact with your device) used by us or by our third party service providers (such as Google through Google Analytics (including the Google Analytics Advertising remarketing feature) and Facebook through Facebook Pixel) who provide analytical services in relation to our websites through cookies and other means. In particular when you visit our sites to read, browse or download information, our system will generally record/log IP addresses (the address which identifies a computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), the type of internet browsers used, date and time of visits to our site, the site from which people linked to our websites, screen resolution, general geographical information (e.g. country, state, city), the landing webpage and exit webpage, the pages viewed and any information downloaded.
This information (and our cookies and the third party cookies referred to above) will be used for the purposes of site analysis, to help us offer an improved online service, maintaining the continuity of a browsing session (e.g. to maintain an online transaction) and remembering your details and preferences when you return, and to enable advertisements for our goods and services to be placed when our website and certain third party websites are visited by users who have previously visited our website.. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Sites. We will not merge your personal information with non-personally identifiable information.
Further information about online behavioural advertising (and opting-out of some online practices and behavioural advertising) is available at www.youronlinechoices.com.au.
Our site may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of those sites and recommend that you review their privacy policies.
3. How we collect and hold personal information
Kleenheat collects personal information in a number of ways from individual persons in different situations. In particular, we collect personal information from people when:
- website users fill out an on-line registration form or send an e-mail;
- people interact with us on social media (including but not limited to on our Facebook page, YouTube Channel, Instagram account Twitter account or LinkedIn site or any other social media platforms we use) in a manner which identifies them;
- people call a Kleenheat call-centre;
- people enter competitions run by us;
- people fill out a credit application form and or a guarantee and indemnity form; or
- people enter into a supply agreement or an order form for goods or services (whether through or websites or otherwise).
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we collect your personal information directly from you when you correspond or register your details with us, enter into arrangements with us, or provide feedback to us. Depending on the nature of our interaction with you, we may collect personal information from third parties – for instance, information regarding LPG customers may be provided to us by our LPG dealer network to enable us to provide cylinder facility rental services. We will also, from time to time, collect personal information from our related companies, credit insurers, credit reporting bodies or (where you consent) your accountants or professional advisers.
We hold personal information electronically and, in some cases, hard copy form, both at our own secure premises and with the assistance of our service providers. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is protected from loss, misuse, or unauthorised access by ensuring that this information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities and that information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
4. Why we collect, hold and use personal information
We may use personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected (e.g. provision of our services, including administration of our services), or for purposes related to the primary purpose where it would reasonably be expected that we would use the information in such a way, or in other limited circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
We collect, hold and use personal information to:
- provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise products or services to you and to process transactions, applications, credit applications, credit checks and collect monies owing to us;
- administer your account;
- better understand and evaluate the needs of our customers; develop new products and services and tell you about changes to our products and services,
- conduct product and market research, personalise and improve our service and to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you;
- undertake and administer promotions, competitions, database compilation, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing or promotional activities;
- send you marketing and direct marketing communications about our products and services (whether by phone, email, SMS, post or facsimile), offers and opportunities (including competitions) that we believe that you may be of benefit to you or that you may be interested in (even if you are no longer purchasing goods or services from Kleenheat), unless you inform us that you do not wish to receive such direct marketing communications;
- communicate with customers and suppliers and to operate the customer service centre;
- source products for sale, transport products and ensure our suppliers comply with our sourcing policies;
- recruit and assess potential employees;
- maintain and update our records;
- enable third party service providers to provide us and our related companies with services such as information technology, credit checking and debt collection, marketing, auditing, legal advice, printing and mailing services;
- investigate feedback and complaints;
- correspond with people who have contacted us, and deal with feedback;
- where required or permitted by law, or where we think it is required as part of an investigation, on health or safety grounds.
When we request your information we may give more specific details about the way we use or disclose your information.
5. Why we disclose personal information
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or we have obtained consent to do so. We may disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected or for purposes related to the primary purpose where it would reasonably be expected that we would use the information in such a way. Also, we are permitted to disclose personal information in circumstances set out in the Privacy Act (including but not limited to disclosures to our related companies).
Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- our related companies;
- our service providers and professional advisors including IT service providers, auditors, legal advisors, print and mail houses, advertising agencies, transport contractors, marketing research advisers, credit reporting bodies, mercantile agents and debt collectors;
- our LPG dealers who supply Kleenheat gas to you;
- Financial institutions;
- In the case of natural gas supplies, to the operator, from time to time, of the natural gas pipeline infrastructure and distributor/transporter of the natural gas;
- Regulatory or government agencies.
We take steps to ensure that our service providers are obliged to protect the privacy and security of personal information and use it only for the purpose for which it is disclosed.
The third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located in Australia and other countries including New Zealand. We may use cloud computing solutions or data storage located overseas in which case information may be stored, under our control, on computer servers located outside of Australia.
6. Credit reporting and credit information privacy
The way in which we collect, hold, store and use credit-related information about you is similar to the ways in which we collect, hold, store and use other personal information. The types of credit-related information that we collect about you is detailed in sections 1 and 2 of this Policy, in addition, (where you are a commercial customer or guarantor) we may sometimes seek information about assets that you hold and information about your business trading position and history. We will:
- either collect that information from you directly, or we will obtain it through third parties or the credit reporting system as set out in section 3 of this Policy;
- use that information for several purposes, including establishing your account with us to enable us to provide you with goods and services and collect monies owing to us; and
- disclose that information for several purposes and to several people including legal advisors, print and mail houses, marketing research advisers, credit reporting bodies, mercantile agents debt collectors and (where you give your consent) people guaranteeing the payment of your account.
We participate in the credit reporting system. If you apply for credit with us, we may request a credit report about you from a credit reporting body. These credit reports contain information about you which assists us to assess your application, including information about your credit history with other credit providers.
Credit reporting bodies can provide credit providers with credit reports in certain circumstances, including when an individual makes an application for credit, or when a credit provider is seeking to help an individual avoid defaulting on their credit. Credit reports are designed to assist credit providers to accurately assess an individual’s ability to repay credit.
To request a credit report, we will provide information to the credit reporting body that identifies you, as well as information about your application – including the type and amount of credit you are applying for.
We will often combine the information obtained from a credit reporting body with information that we already hold about you. For example, when we assess your application for credit, we may combine the information you provide on your application with the information contained in your credit report obtained from a credit reporting body to calculate a rating or score. This will determine whether you qualify for the credit you are applying for.
Some information about the credit you hold with us may be disclosed to a credit reporting body so it can be included in your credit report and shared with other credit providers that request a report from that credit reporting body.
We note that:
- Credit reporting bodies may include the information in reports provided to credit providers to assist them to assess your credit worthiness;
- If you believe (on reasonable grounds) that you have been, or are likely to be a victim of fraud, you have a right to request credit reporting bodies not to use or disclose your credit reports they hold about you. You can do this by contacting them directly. If you make such a request, a credit reporting body will not disclose information about you for 21 days. You can request an extension to this period if you believe you are still, or still likely to be, a victim of fraud;
- you may request that credit reporting bodies not use your credit reporting information for the purposes of pre-screening for direct marketing by a credit provider.
7. Accessing and correcting your personal information, and complaints and questions
You can request access to your personal information held by us, or request that it be corrected, by contacting us at the address below. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you. A fee will not be charged for an access request, but you may be charged the reasonable expenses we incur (such as search and copying costs). If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us (in accordance with the Privacy Act), then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. If you are in Western Australia, you can make a complaint to The Energy and Water Ombudsman Western Australia.
Kleenheat Privacy Officer
Wesfarmers Kleenheat Gas Pty Ltd
Building 161, Car Park 12, Murdoch University, Murdoch WA 6150
PO Box 4184, Myaree Business Centre. WA 6960
Telephone: 13 21 80
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992.
The Energy and Water Ombudsman Western Australia
PO Box Z5386 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6831
Phone: (08) 9220 7588 or 1800 754 004
Last updated: November 2018
Wesfarmers Kleenheat Gas Pty Ltd ABN 40 008 679 543
Collection of Information Statement
This Collection of Information Statement applies to the collection of personal information by Wesfarmers Kleenheat Gas Pty Ltd (“Kleenheat”), from Kleenheat’s customers who are contacted by a Kleenheat representative, or who provide information to Kleenheat through www.kleenheat.com.au. It also applies to Kleenheat’s LPG facility customers who have provided personal information to a Kleenheat LPG dealer.
We collect your personal information so we can perform our business functions and activities, including:
- providing you with products and services, processing transactions, applications, credit applications and credit checks, communicating with you and administering your account;
- answering your enquiries, providing information or advice about our products or services, and entering you into our competitions and promotions;
- sending you marketing and direct marketing communications about our products and services (whether by phone, email, SMS, post or facsimile), unless you inform us that you do not wish to receive such direct marketing communications by contacting us on; 13 21 80 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- updating our records and the content of our websites; for our business-processing, administrative, market research, marketing and planning requirements and
- enabling third party service providers to provide us and our related companies with services such as information technology, credit checking and debt collection, marketing, auditing, legal advice, printing and mailing services.
If you do not disclose the personal information that we are seeking to collect then we may be unable to respond to you, or provide you with our products or services, or send you information about them.
Depending on the nature of our interaction with you, we may collect personal information from third parties – for instance, personal information regarding LPG customers may be provided to us by our LPG dealer network to enable us to provide cylinder facility rental services. We will also, from time to time, collect personal information from our related companies or regulators that contact us regarding customers or installations.
We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating of our business or website, responding to your requests, or providing or delivering our products and services or information about them to you; to suppliers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes; in the case of our LPG customers, to our LPG dealers who supply Kleenheat gas to you; in the case of our natural gas customers, to the operator, from time to time, of the natural gas pipeline infrastructure and distributor/transporter of the natural gas; regulatory or government agencies.
Occasionally, we may disclose your personal information, credit information or credit eligibility information to organisations located overseas. This might occur, for example, where we use service providers based overseas. Generally, such recipients are likely to be located in New Zealand or USA.
- access personal information hold about you and seek the correction of such information;
- complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, and how we will deal with such a complaint;
- access the credit eligibility information we hold about you and seek the correction of credit information or credit eligibility information we hold about you; and
- complain about a failure by us to comply with Part IIIA, Division 3 of the Privacy Act or the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code, and how we will deal with such a complaint.
We may disclose your credit-related information to credit reporting bodies. The credit reporting body we deal with is Equifax (contact details available at www.equifax.com.au). Equifax may include your information in reports provided to other credit providers to assist them to assess your credit worthiness. If you fail to pay for products and services that we provide to you, or commit a serious credit infringement, we may disclose this information to the credit reporting body. This may affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.
You have a right to request that credit reporting bodies do not use any credit reporting information held by them for the purposes of pre-screening any direct marketing by credit providers. To make such a request, you will need to contact the credit reporting body.
If you believe that you have been a victim of fraud or identity theft, you have a right to contact the credit reporting body and ask them not to disclose credit reporting information about you.
Wesfarmers Kleenheat Gas Pty Ltd
Building 161, Car Park 12, Murdoch University,
Murdoch WA 6150
Phone: 13 21 80