Create a gourmet-style meal with this effortless chicken dish served with zesty butter and caper sauce. One of many recipes available in the August edition of Coles Magazine.
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
- 3 Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets (about 250g each), halved horizontally
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50g) drained baby capers
- 3 lemons, zested, juiced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place a chicken fillet between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to gently pound until 1.5cm thick. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Season well.
- Heat 10g butter in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the chicken, in 2 batches, for 2 mins each side or until golden brown and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add remaining butter to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until butter melts and is golden brown.
- Add capers and cook for 1 min or until crisp. Add lemon juice and half the lemon zest. Swirl to combine. Return chicken and any juices to the pan. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2 mins or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly. Sprinkle with parsley. Gently shake the pan. Remove from heat.
- Serve the chicken sprinkled with remaining lemon zest.
More cooking inspiration with Coles
Check out this month’s Coles Magazine, available free in store or by download at www.coles.com.au/magazine.