At Kleenheat responsible environmental management is considered to be everyone’s responsibility. Kleenheat is committed to conducting business activities in an environmentally responsible manner, which ensures compliance with environmental legislation while promoting sustainability and continual improvement.
As outlined in our Environmental Policy, Kleenheat will:
- Manage our operations in accordance with laws and regulations
- Use our management systems, including risk based planning, to address significant environmental risks and pollution prevention.
- Set objectives and targets and measuring performance
- Drive continual improvement of waste minimisation, resource utilisation, air quality improvement, water conservation and groundwater protection.
- Implement and encourage appropriate stewardship of our products including recovery and recycling of resources and assets.
- Positively contribute to and engage with the communities in which we operate.
As part of our commitment, Kleenheat has dedicated environmental personnel to provide advice and guidance to the business and to ensure compliance with legislative requirements while also driving continual improvement.
The Kleenheat Production Facility (Wesfarmers LPG) has received two awards for improved water efficiency since the Water Corporation launched the Water Efficiency Management Plan (WEMP) Recognition Program in 2012.
- Silver recognition certificate in 2012 for a 25-35 per cent improvement in water efficiency since the 2007 program inception;
- Bronze recognition certificate in 2013.